Designed for the discerning traveller seeking a peaceful hideaway, this boutique Taupo accommodation is only five minutes by car from the busy tourism centre of Taupo. Scenic Heights Lodge has the quality and ambience expected of an exclusive Taupo retreat without being at all pretentious. Your down to earth kiwi hosts have years of experience in hospitality and know the Taupo area well.
Once you enter the gated driveway to this New Zealand boutique lodge the breathtaking 250 degree lake and mountain views are revealed.
The lodge has three terraced areas maximising indoor to outdoor flow plus a pool terrace with sunloungers and a pool with exerjets. All guest rooms open onto terraces or private balconies. Inside guests are welcome to relax at leisure in the lounge overlooking the lake, perhaps with a drink or a book from the small library. Or sink into the deep leather armchairs in the den/home theatre and listen to some music, watch a movie or the big game on the 50 inch plasma screen.
All rooms have phone and email connections plus office facilities are available for those wishing to stay in touch
with the outside world. Broadband facilities are available.
Taupo enjoys a moderate climate without extremes and air conditioning is not necessary even in the height of summer. Wide opening French doors and bifolds bring the outdoors inside on balmy spring and summer evenings. The lodge has central heating for the cooler months and a cheerful open gas log fire in the lounge.
* 2 Super king bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms in lodge * Formal lounge with piano
* 1 Queen bedroom in self-contained studio apartment upstairs * Sitting area
* Quality linen, mohair bed throws * Separate dining room and patio
* Electric blankets, radio/alarm clock/phone
* Toiletries/hair dryer/heated towel rail * Writing desk, fridge
* BBQ and pool with swim jets * Bath sheets, bathrobes and slippers
* Smoke-free interior * Complimentary coffee/tea assortments
* TV, CD stereo system and CD collection * Laundry service available (extra)
* Security gates * Total privacy with your own patio and outdoor furniture
* Continental/Full breakfast served * Central heating
* Phone, email and satellite broadband facilities available * Children over 16 welcome
* 2 tennis courts within 500m * 'Boots' the onsite cat